Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Reality of Runway


The Reality of Runway


            After 17 years of working on runway, prete a porte and couture (Not Juice even though I miss the old CEO of Liz Claiborne.) and directing my own shows the last 7 years. I found myself in Aspen fashion week and I learned something I didn’t know about myself.
            A person from FHI Heat asked me” what inspires you? “. Of course what came first to my mind I knew. “My family, my girlfriend, children, God. Art sculptures, the way a tree looks with out leaves in winter. The way there is architecture and form in everything in life. “
            And then something I have not articulated came to me. Not because of talent or the hands God gave these hairdresser’s that I was working with. But their view and the person they are to the hair. I realized I have been blessed with such an awesome and amazing gift to be able to do hair and how it   inspires me  and in such away it so personal and different for me. As such it is for these hairdresser’s I was privileged to work with.
            I have been blessed with being able to have friends and work with people that love hair. That I think is the reality of any Runway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment