Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fashion Forecast for Hair 2013


Tis the season! And the time of year I enjoy more than any other.  All that know me personally, this will not come at any surprise that I am a Christmas fanatic. Even my agent Doni at Judy Casey in NYC call’s me, “MR. Claus” this time of year. But on top of making my gingerbread houses. And going, Griswold (National Lampoons, Christmas Vacation) on the lights and decoration for the house and my all around Christmas cheer this time of year.  It is also the time to forecast what’s in store for hair in Fashion for 2013.
                   As of now, I have been shooting and creating the hair for campaigns for designers of clothes, shoes and hand bags, for the pages of Vogue, Cosmopolitan and advertising that can be seen in stores such as Target as well as billboards in Times Square through September 2013.  Also I have been shooting and creating the hair for editorial fashion and beauty stories for British Marie Claire, American Cosmopolitan and Teen Vogue. Even though these jobs have completely different demographics both globally and culturally, I have noticed some very distinct consistencies that keep resurfacing for the hair for 2013.

                  Whether it is sleek or playful looks the parts are clean and defined, not soft or crooked. The overall feeling for down or up styles have a clean and sleek look to them, not messy or disheveled.
Even if the image of the brand or idea for the story is raw and street, the hair is graphic and clean, not broken down and lived in. And even with a more avant-garde base line to a fashion story or an avant-garde flair to a brand, the textures in the hair are diffused and whimsical. Over all even if your going tight to the head with the hair for a sleek silhouette or massive silhouette shape with a more graphic Tim Burton kind of feel these words below, are what I see and have been using to create and describe the hair for 2013.
  
CLEAN, SLEEK, GRAPHIC, WHIMSICAL, DIFFUSED, Happy Holiday’s and happy hair styling into the new year!





No comments:

Post a Comment